DZG Training Course
DZG Training Course "Science Communication"
March 3 – 5, 2020
Seminar and Workshop on Science Communication
- Scientists: Know and reach your target audience
- Confer the key message – to talk and to be understood
- Storytelling – Talk about science in an engaging way
- Work on your appearance – make use of facial expressions and gestures
2 groups in German and English (Registration for German group preferred due to high demand for the English group)
For Doctoral students (≥ 3rd year), postdocs and junior group leaders
Course free of charge (travel and accommodation – reimbursement by DZD Fellowship possible)
DZG Nature Masterclass
Nov 4 – 5, 2019
Christoph Schmitt Chief Editor Nature Matabolism
Joao Monteiro Chief Editor Nature Medicine
Workshop in Scientific Writing and Publishing - Learn how to publish in top journals!
- Develop writing skills and confidence - 91% feel "more confident in writing manuscripts"
- Understand editorial processes and what editors look for in papers
- Learn best practices for submitting a paper and completing a peer review
Workshop for postdocs and young group leaders having first author publications.
Information: PDF for Download
Registration Deadline: Oct. 6, 2019
Translating Science into Clinical Practice
Nov 29 – Dec 1, 2017
Helmholtz Centre Munich
Dr. Klaus Weinberger (sAnalytiCo Ltd)
Dr. Hubert Müller (Ascenion GmbH)
PD Dr. Andreas Lechner (Medizinischen Klinik und Poliklinik IV der LMU)
From invention to clinical product: The commercialization of scientific findings requires specific knowledge and skill sets, e.g. a solid understanding of the targeted markets, the competitive landscape, intellectual property rights, technical and clinical product development, regulatory requirements, quality management, financing strategies, and many others. This workshop will cover the most important topics that scientists must be aware of when considering to translate the results of their research into clinically relevant and commercially viable products.
The workshop is for early career scientists of the German Center of Health Research (DZG): DZD, DZL, DZHK, DZIF, DKTK, DZNE
Information: pdf for Download
Registration Deadline: Nov. 10, 2017