Topics range from treatment, prevention, and aftercare to epidemiology and psychology for the obese of every age. Many sessions are dedicated in particular to children and adolescents.
In line with the strategy of the conference to actively involve as many scientists as possible who are at the beginning of their careers in addition to the main speakers, representatives of all career levels from the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD) will also participate. In each symposium, time slots are available for further lectures. The range of interactive workshop offerings for continuing education and training has been significantly expanded once again in order to strengthen the exchange between research and practice.
The responsible program committee includes the following experts from the DZD: Professor Annette Schürmann, Professor Andreas Pfeiffer and Professor Matthias Blüher.
An excerpt from the list of topics:
• Become an expert on your own behalf: Individual obesity treatment for children, adolescents and parents
• Multicultural – Does an immigration background play an important role in obesity therapy?
• Diagnostics of eating disorders – Practical insight into interview procedures using the Eating Disorder Examination (EDE) as an example
• Obesity Education for Children and Adolescents (KgAS) develops further: Obesity therapy with preschool children
• Everyday physical activity, exercise and social competence for all: Inclusion in obesity education
• Experiences from the multidisciplinary Berlin Pre- and Aftercare Concept for Bariatric Surgery of Obese Adolescents and Young Adults – Case studies
• Obesity and child protection - What to consider?
• Intuitive eating – Eating in harmony with physical needs
• Shopping training for adolescents with obesity
• Pedagogical supervision – Problem solving for conflicts in training
situations with children and adolescents as well as in training teams
• Motivational interviewing in obesity therapy
• Animal-assisted intervention in the treatment of (obese) children and
adolescents – More than a "door-opener"
• The zapping method: Fun in movement and encouragement of intrinsic motivation
• Mindful eating – The potential of mindfulness in the treatment of eating and weight disorders
Further Information (German only)
Conference Flyer (German only)