The event will take place from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. via MS Teams and will show how working in an established research network allows to advance one's own career path thanks to an existing network. In keynote presentations, a Medical Scientist and a Clinician Scientist (German Centers for Health Research, DZG) as well as a Quantum Scientist (Cluster of Excellence Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology, MCQST) will explain their personal career development. They will present the advantages of interdisciplinary and cross-institutional research networks.
In an open discussion, the scientists and experts will work with the participants on the career factor of science networks:
o How can research collaborations serve as a career launching pad?
o What skills should scientists bring to interdisciplinary and cross-institutional research networks?
- Dr. Dr. Angelique Hölzemer (German Center for Infection Research (DZIF), Leibniz Institute of Virology, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf)
- Dr. Susanne Flach | German Consortium for Translational Cancer Research (DKTK), Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich
- Anca Ionescu, Public Relations Cluster of Excellence Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology (MCQST)
- Dr. Christian Kalberlah | German Center for Lung Research (DZL)
- Dr. Björn Sbierski (Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich (LMU), Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology)
Moderated by: Dr. Brigitte Fröhlich, Head of Science Management, German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD)